• What is an Enrolled Agent? The Enrolled Agent (EA) designation originated in 1884 to regulate agents who represented U.S. citizens with claims for Civil War losses. Today, EAs represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service and help prepare returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and other tax entities. EAs are also experts in tax planning, and can help you ensure that you don’t pay too much or risk an audit.What paperwork should I bring to my tax appointment?

You may refer to the link on my site “Your Tax Appointment” for helpful information on documents and papers to bring to your tax appointment.

  • Is there a penalty if I do not file on April 15th/tax deadline

Yes, you must pay your taxes by April 15th to avoid penalty, but can extend filing your return until October 15th.

  • What is an “Extension” to file my return?

An "Extension" is a way to ask the IRS for more time to file your tax return. The deadline to file your return is April 15th. Form 4868 will extend the deadline by six months. With an extension, your deadline to file a tax return is October 15th. However, an extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay. If you owe, you should pay the IRS by the April 15th deadline to avoid penalties.


Is there a question you may have that is not answered here? Email Jack and he can help you.